Monday, December 19, 2011

Which (Red Sox) free agents do you want to see back?

I think you've got it all just about figured out. The Red Sox's first priority should be resigning their MVP, Mike Lowell! Mike Timlin should also be resigned. He's an OK reliever and he can share some of his knowledge with the younger players. Then again, he isn't a player the Red Sox need to break their backs trying to come up with a figure they both agree upon. If he wants something way too high, I would say let him go. If he wants something reasonable, by all means, keep him. Bobby Kielty did pretty well this past season, but not amazing, as did some of the other players! I agree with you that he would want to play every day, and I definitley don't see that happening. Doug Mirabelli & Eric Hinske I feel a little indifferent about, as well. If they want to come back, fine. If they don't, that's fine, too. I have a feeling Eric Gagne will be leaving, so we won't have to worry about him. As for Matt Clement...I think its his time to go. Gagne and Clement don't have much to offer the Red Sox at this point in time. And then there's Coco Crisp! I think Jacoby Ellsbury will be taking over his position since he has had such amazing fielding and he'll have some veterans to help him figure everything out. He really has such potential to be one of the greatest baseball players ever! That being said, I would still really hate to see Coco go.

No comments:

Post a Comment