Sunday, December 18, 2011

Upcoming hysterectomy to remove fibroid?

Is there any alternative to removing fibroids? I have large fibroids and some small ones. They do hurt during menstruation, painful heavy bleeding, prolonged periods, small clots sometimes, I am anemic. Sometimes I get hot out of no where then cool down, get hot again cool down. Could this be menapause? I am only 42 years old! I also get frustrated very easily and sometimes emotional and my thinking and concentration could be off, can these fiborids also make you feel a certain way? My OBGYN told me right from the beginning I needed a hysterectomy. Should I get a second opinion? I also would like to know if they have shrinked so maybe another ultrasound? But yet I want the fibroids completly gone! I have dealt with pain and heavy periods lasting for quite some time and I do not have a normal life, meaning!!! It can be frustrating and I am so tired at time, really tired! I can not continue to keep looking to see if I bleed through my panties and sometimes not knowing when my period will even end!! What is a normal period cyle, it's been so long since I had a normal period I forgot! Please help with any info to shine some light on this! Thanks. I only want to hear from those of you who have gone through this situation, it be great to hear from a doctor or two also.

No comments:

Post a Comment