Thursday, December 15, 2011

Is there a statue of limitations in having to take care of your tax problem?

"I need some information from someone who knows Canadian Taxes really well. Here is the problem, I do not live in Canada, and have not live there for over 23 years. Reason I left with my family was because hardship in Canada, with the recession on loosing my house business and even a son died, I left to go to a new place to see if I could make money and help heal my heart. I filed my taxes before I left through H&R Block Canada, and the person that filed my taxes did not carry back my debt far enough as I had plenty of debt to use to carry forward as to know owe the Canadian Taxation Revenue. So I got a statement from the saying I owed over $1,000 to Canada Taxation Revenue. The problem is that I had never paid them, as I thought that they would notice that I had a lot of other debt that could have been carried forward to wipe out the paying of taxes. I know that it has been a long time since I have address this issue, but I have been an alcoholic for all these years and have finally come to grips with this problem and had got help; I really want to take care of this. Is there a statue of limitations in having to take care of your tax problem? Will I owe Canadian Taxation for the rest of my life. I want to do what is right. I still do not live in Canada, as I am a dual citizen of another country so could I get some help on what I can do?

No comments:

Post a Comment